Monday, August 30, 2010

CA Dessert Reception

From the day I knew we would be throwing a separate post-wedding reception in CA, I began to look online for ideas for budget friendly wedding receptions. I was inspired by several "sunflower weddings" I saw, plus seeing great photos of the new fad, "candy bars" with candies in all one color.

I ran the ideas up Shelly & Suezi's flagpoles and slowly started accumulating stuff like glass apothecary jars and chalkboards etc.

One of Miss M's friend's moms got me 100 sunflowers wholesale (which was AWESOME and made all the difference, visually!). My small group girls got together and made the paper cones for the candy (Suezi got the paper and had a pattern and did the ribbon/fabric -woo hoo!) AND they each made and brought a treat (yay!).

Candy Bar
"Yummy Treats" candy bar
The Bride
Me & Shell
Cheese bar
Cheese bar
Treat table
The deck
The yard
Drink station
Miss M getting a drink
"Plaid Party"
Centerpieces
The yard
My small group (minus a few)
Droopy forever (Taffy said a blessing for the couple)
4 generations
The "Hubbard" women
Bride and Groom at "Wishes" Table
Proud parents
It was a LOT of work (and double my initial - wishful thinking - budget) but I was super happy with how it turned out. We were blessed to be able to share our joy with so many of our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment